Observing life from a new point of view
Wanting to feel better when you are already well is a present choice to improve our near future.
Feed yourself well: how to compose a healthy dish. The basic components
- Start your meal with a plate of vegetables, raw or steamed, grilled (for this method of cooking uses herbs whose polyphenols will protect the food from the processes of carbonization) or baked.
- Choose the type of protein you want to consume such as fish, white meat (chicken, turkey, rabbit) or vegetarian sources (soybeans, low-fat cheeses, egg white). Remember to always consume a quantity equal to the palm and the thickness of your hand. You can find about 30 g of protein in just over 120 g of chicken or turkey or about 130 g of mozzarella, for example. Add a part of vegetables, raw or cooked, to go with them. Dress your dish with a tablespoon of raw extra virgin olive oil.
- End the meal with a bowl of fresh fruit or large seasonal fruit such as an apple or a pear.
Remember not to let more than 5 hours elapse between meals. Snacks are important.
The sequence with which you consume your food also counts. The authors of a recent study have observed that consuming carbohydrate foods after vegetables and protein-bearing foods prevents the post-meal peak of glucose and insulin. In other words, this succession of foods seems to have a better health impact than other combinations.
Train this way with indoor cycling
- MyCycling combines a hi-tech smart trainer, a native app with personalized programs and a network of professional trainers able to guide you and develop a tailor-made training program for you.
- Skillbike, the revolutionary stationary bike that enables cyclists, triathletes and cycling enthusiasts to live the emotion and challenge of outdoor experiences in an indoor environment.
In the first short session (min 30') keep agile pedalling for the whole session, after a first warm-up phase insert a 20-30" sprint every 5 minutes, keeping regular intervals between the sprints. Finish the session with a few minutes of cool-down. This training is great for fasting as well.
- In the second short session of the week (min 30') keeping agile pedalling for the whole session, after a first warm-up phase, you then perform from 5 to 10 times (depending on your level of training and time available) 40" of the sprint in progression followed by 20" of recovery. Recover 5-10 minutes. Finish the session with a few minutes of cool-down.
- In the longest session (≥ 45 minutes) you can do, for example at the weekend, warm yourself up for the first time and then 5 to 8 times 3 minutes at a fast pace followed by 1 minute of recovery. End the session with at least 5 minutes of cool-down.
Remember: in your indoor or outdoor sessions under strong sunlight, keep yourself hydrated by regularly taking water and an isotonic mixture of mineral salts. The presence of the latter in the drink will promote optimal hydration and gastric emptying compared to the intake of water alone.
Think like this: the power of the present moment
- The attention to the present;
- The attitude to openness and acceptance of the experiences that life offers us;
- The ability to understand deeply, to achieve.