To get in shape towards the swims in July and August cardiofitness and running are always a good idea, as well as swimming in the pool, if we live away from the sea. The pool preparation depending on the summer - and in general - should be built to get us out of our comfort zone. Swimming is a great way to lose weight. To do this, it is better to set clear goals at the start, week after week, and follow them clearly. It's important to change your swimming style, both for the sake of your muscles and because your body gets used to it quickly and needs changes in the stressed areas if you want to see some improvement.
4 tips for effective outdoor swimming
For those who move from pool to open water training in the summer - whether on the lake or in the sea - then there are a few things to consider before diving. A series of small tricks not to be forgotten when we swim and choose to train even at sea on holiday.
- First, it is useful to remember the salinity of the sea water - the speech obviously does not apply to lakes and rivers - which guarantees us an easier flotation and greater resistance. Swimming in the pool is less difficult than swimming in the sea, and this is a fact that we must remember before planning our swims in the open sea. We need more strength to swim in salt water, because of wind, currents and waves, all elements absent in the pool, and consequently you should not overestimate their performance and capabilities: what we can measure in indoor pools in fresh water is not necessarily that we can replicate it in the open sea.
- The second point to keep in mind if we decide to swim in open waters, especially at sea, is the lack of orientation points. In the pool there are: we are also unconsciously accustomed to the lanes, to a length of the pools that repeats itself series after series, to the straight line drawn by the tiles on the bottom. All elements that allow us to be at ease with the space that surrounds us, all elements absent in the open sea. For these reasons, it is better not to go too far out into the sea and swim parallel to the coast, orienting ourselves either with the sea buoys, which are very frequent on the Italian coast, or with cliffs, buildings, or whatever is visible from the sea on the coast.
- Third suggestion, often ignored even by experienced swimmers, is to enter the water calmly, to avoid the sudden change in temperature, a potential cause of congestion. Better to avoid diving after hours in the sun or just finished the game on the beach, because they are stress that our body does not like. The solution is to first wet your limbs for two or three minutes, then your head, maybe putting yourself in part to soak, and then get into the water.
- Fourth suggestion: exactly as in the pool, to avoid boredom and to train at best it is useful to change style. Don't make miles of free style or frog, but vary between free style, back, crawl and butterfly. We'll solicit different parts of the musculature. A good trick in this case may be to swim with the triathlon crawl that allows you to keep your head out of the water and thus be able to observe what we have around and orient yourself, to return to one of the previous points.
30 minutes of dry workout in swimming
Swimming has been widespread since ancient times, especially among the Greeks and Romans, who attributed it great importance within the educational path. Swimming is one of the most complete sports: it is necessary to use all the muscles of our body, clearly coordinated with breathing. Dry training is extremely important to be able to give the best in open waters, considering all the factors mentioned above. This dry training program provides you with a complete workout to improve your pre-workout performance.
- 5 minutes of excellent warm up on Run Personal at 60% of your top level
- 2 sets of 10 reps x 75% 1 MRI sumo squat with dumbbells, great exercise to stress the quadriceps, buttocks and femoral muscles. Keeping the legs apart more than the width of the shoulders, tips of the feet outward; hold the handlebar with both hands. flex knees and also to slowly bring the handlebar down; keep your back straight, knees and also well open. stretch your legs to return to the starting position.
- 5 minutes of running on Run Personal at 60%;
- 2 sets of 10 reps x 75% 1RM of Low Row Artis Tractions.
- 5 minutes of running on Run Personal at 60% of your top level;
- 2 sets of 10 reps x 75% 1RM of Bust Pushes on Abdominal crunch Sel.
- Elongation of the ischiocrural muscles with the leg stretched on Wellness Ball Training.