He won a lot, especially in the first half of the 90's, but he never passed the number 2 of the ATP classification. It happens when you need to play against champions the like of Agassi or Sampras. Ivanišević never won at Wimbledon, he was assigned the loser trophy in the final - taken home to Croatia, a country that until ten years before did not even exist. Wimbledon 2001 was the last chance for Goran.
It's the final: Goran Ivanišević - Pat Rafter.
I'm dreaming and I don't want to wake up. I don't care anymore if I don't win a game anymore.
Goran's style of play
Strengthen your service with 3 simple exercises
- Sural triceps (calf muscles), quadriceps, femoral and buttocks for the lower part of the body
- Obliques, abdominals and estersori for the trunk
- Subspinals and supraspinates, biceps, serratus, flexors, wrist extenders and supinators, subscapulars, large pectorals and trapezoids for the upper body
To perform an increasingly precise and powerful service, in addition to performing the correct technique, it is important to perform training aimed at strengthening the muscles involved in the movement.
- 1. Squat and jump: Standing, legs slightly apart, with a barbell weighting about 1/10 of your body weight resting on the trapezoids (you can also do this exercise without barbell), squat while keeping your back extended. During the phase of ascent from the squat, gradually increase the speed of ascent, and at the end of the latter perform a jump, landing in the starting position.
- 2. French Press with an arm to the cable high: The starting position sees the athlete standing with their shoulders opposite the machine and elbows extended. The shoulders are also bent so that arms and chest are in line from a lateral view and partially abducted. The grip is neutral or prone/neutral. The execution consists in flexing only the elbows by little more than 90°, and then extending them again avoiding rebounds in the change of direction.
- 3. Lateral crunches: On total abdominal equipment, angle the legs with respect to the trunk by inserting one of the two legs into the outer part of the machine. Perform the movement guided by the equipment and at the end of the repetition, swap the legs.