As this IHRSA research shows, even though treadmills are still the most utilized equipment in health clubs, overall usage is decreasing. From 2015-2017, treadmills declined 5% in overall popularity among members as younger exercisers gravitated to more specialized classes and training systems.
Nonetheless, the situation is markedly changing
5 reasons why are treadmill workouts are smashing HIITs
- 1. The sense of familiarity with treadmill workouts
- 2. Group training makes treadmill workouts fun and social
- 3. Treadmill workouts are easy to catch on with gym users
- 4. Today’s treadmills are app-connected entertainment centers and biofeedback devices
- 5. Treadmill workouts are more versatile than ever
1. The familiarity of treadmill workouts solves “the paradox of choice”
2. Group training makes treadmill workouts fun and social
3. Treadmill workouts are easy to catch on with gym users
4. Today’s treadmills are app-connected entertainment centers and biofeedback devices
Members can also track their physiological data through many high-tech machine consoles using wearables and apps. This keeps members informed about their progress and able to create results-driven programs.
5. Treadmill workouts are more versatile than ever
Redefining the Treadmill Experience with Skillrun
- Skillrun TX 500: Best for overall high-intensity workouts like Skillrun Bootcamp or Skillrun Class, this unit features a 10-inch interface designed for focused, high-performance workouts.
- Skillrun Unity 5000: Best for running and HIIT, this treadmill has a 19” touchscreen offering high-quality viewing of training and entertainment content.
- Skillrun Unity 7000: thanks to its Parachute kit and the Biofeedback technology, this treadmill delivers the ultimate running experience.