Positivity, optimism and happiness are the cornerstones of the mental approach, which is at the base of the pyramid of Wellness: an unquantifiable component that works interactively with training and nutrition, the other two components.
If diet and exercise increase in quantity and complexity, the pyramid proposes the correct complementary dosage of movement and nutrition over a typical week: from what you need to practice or take more frequently, to what is useful, but serves less. The mental approach is necessary for a balanced life based on constant exercise and proper nutrition.
What is at the base of the base of the pyramid of the Lifestyle Wellness? How do you train optimism? How do you find happiness for a positive mental approach?
How do you maintain a solid mental approach to life?
Positive thinking is healthy thinking
How to train positivity in 5 simple steps
- Emphasizes positivity: get a newspaper and, for each page, emphasize the good things you find us as well as the things you liked and focused on them. Consider how they happened and what you could do to make them happen.
- Eliminates negativity: if you find yourself in situations where you are remorseing or in negative situations, do something short and concise that can affect your thoughts and bring you out of the vicious circle. Put your favorite song, read the book you love or meet a good friend.
- Think about small changes: don't crack yourself too hard if you can't change the world. On the contrary, you do something that could bring about positive and tangible changes, such as donating clothes to a humanitarian organization, helping to plant trees in the public park, volunteering.
- Try to look good: Being compassionate about yourself is a common feature to many optimistic people. You can love taking care of your body, eating well, exercising and sleeping well enough. In the end, try to forgive yourself for the mistakes of the past (real or not) and go ahead.
- Practice Mindfulness: Learning the exercises of mindfulness which plan to focus on the present moment, without judging the thoughts you make is a great technique that will allow you to deal with the moment without judging the thoughts you make is an excellent technique that will allow you to face the negative moments. If you need help you can find many health centers that offer mindfulness courses. You can also find many tutorials.
Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Heart has produced this practical guide that helps you see the world through a rosier perspective and thus reduce health risks.
Training to increase positivity
Working out to get a good night's sleep
Endorphin, the physical substance of positivity
The classes of endorphins
But how can we manage the stress, anxiety and tensions of everyday life? Doing so will significantly improve the mental approach to life.
How to reduce stress with aerobic training
Regular aerobic exercise brings significant changes to the body, metabolism, heart, and especially to the spirit. Research shows that the psychological benefit of aerobic exercise is a common experience among endurance athletes, and has been verified in clinical studies that have successfully used exercise to treat anxiety disorders and clinical depression.
How can you exercise with difficult problems such as anxiety and depression? There are different explanations, some chemical, some behavioural.
Chemical factors for stress reduction
Behavioural factors for stress reduction
All Men Need Recreation - San Tommaso D'Aquino