New solutions for indoor training
Advanced technologies, safe training methods, immersive outdoor routes for you to relive in the comfort of your own home. The smart trainer sets a new pace when it comes to delivering results, with the Technogym Neuromuscular Training method and Coaches just a tap away on the MYCYCLING App. Its training routines can be adjusted to your skill level, experience and tastes. Have we forgotten stability? How could we. Strong core muscles and good posture are key factors when it comes to pedalling efficiency. No worries, we’ve got that covered too: the MYCYCLING core and stability kit includes all you need to reinforce it and enhance flexibility, with countless exercises explained in detail on the MYCYCLING App.
If you are passionate about cycling, you couldn’t possibly have missed Strava. This powerful app uses your smartphone GPS to track and analyse your workouts, and also enables you to share it with the community. We designed the MYCYCLING App to be compatible with Strava, which means you can:
- share your indoor rides with your followers on Strava and make them count on the leaderboard
- download any route and ride it on your smart trainer,
But it doesn’t just end here: like-minded cycling enthusiasts await you on our Strava group. The Technogym Cycling Club embraces anyone who is looking to improve performance integrating outdoor and indoor workouts. Share your stats with the group and join the challenges, ask the community for advice and climb the leaderboard. Enough with technology and innovation now, let’s make room also for medical and scientific skills on the road to making the most of its life experiences.
Training with SKILLBIKE
Some features of Skillbike:
- The heart of SKILLBIKE is the Road Effect, able to reproduce the sensation that you feel in a real outdoor situation, reading the position of the body and the riding parameters.
- On SKILLBIKE every turn of the pedal is analysed in real time thanks to Pedal Printing, the optical sensors control the torque symmetry between the right and left legs and it is much easier to read because you have a specific and different vision for each leg. Pedal Printing provides continuous visual feedback on the roundness and symmetry of the pedal stroke for each different ratio, thereby increasing efficiency.
- With Multidrive Technology you can perform training routines at intervals at constant power levels to increase strength and endurance. At the same time, you can improve your endurance when climbing thanks to the real gear shift.
Technogym's home cycling tips
- Finding the perfect cadence
- Power meters
- Mistakes to avoid on the cycle simulator
- Agility exercises to raise pedalling efficiency
- Vo2 Max and plan training according to the anaerobic threshold
- Metabolic factors of bike performance and neuromuscular coordination
- Heart rate and the importance of the power sensor
- How to evaluate your power correctly
Popularity and effectiveness of indoor cycling
However, what makes indoor sessions even more productive is the chance to deal much more with the feeling of fatigue. Many athletes perform great part of their training indoors, even with good weather conditions, with the precise intention of 'stressing' more the ability to withstand fatigue, seek better concentration and carry out the programme with greater precision.
When two hours every day on the rollers is a luxury not many can afford, the technology integrated in the new generation of smart trainers such as Technogym's MYCYCLING can significantly improve results.
4 practical tips for overcoming the boredom of indoor cycling's training
- The obvious answer here would be watching television or listening to music. Generally, trainers advise against such, as it almost invariably leads to losing mental focus. However, we still have some tricks that will certainly be useful to max out your performance and overcome boredom.
- One would be to establish a shared training space. Try making appointments with training companions or friends and ride together. You’ll see how fast time runs when you’re in good company rather than on your own.
- A change of perspective can also prove useful. Prepare yourself mentally by not comparing indoor and outdoor training. We all love the wonderful rides in those bright, sunny days that make us feel in complete harmony with the world, but truth is: the smart trainer is nothing like that. It's important to focus on the benefits of training at home and concentrate on the task at hand.
- It’s a good idea to try and shorten the workouts by reducing the overall time and adding workload at more intense (but still safe) intervals. Breaking the daily routine with specific intervals is excellent for both athletic development as well as being a convenient trick to make time go by faster.
Finally, we suggest you to create a dedicated space for your training and any other equipment you may need. Avoiding distractions that would interrupt your workout is just smart thinking. Take your time in organize the perfect habitat so you don't have any more excuses keeping you off your bike.