For many it is just a hobby, for others it is a full-fledged sports discipline. Big champions perform fantastic shots, with amazing precision and quality. This is possible not only for their perfect playing technique. They are supported by a physical and muscular structure proposedly trained.
Play the ball as it is. Play the field as it is. If you cannot do either thing just do what is right, but to do what is right you need to know the rules of golf. Golf's fundamental principle
Kinesis and Personal Line
Golf in history
The Romans practiced a similar game, named Paganica, commonly played in the countryside and by the legions at the borders of the empire.
Scotland is considered the birthplace of golf, whose birth is commonly believed to be around the first half of the XV century. Subsequently, it spread first in the British Isles then in the rest of the world. Nonetheless, in Holland there are documents that record the practice of a game called golf as early as 1297. The Scots started playing golf on links, which in their language are those strips of land by the sea, and then spread it to the rest of the world. The St. Andrews golf course near Edinburgh is recognised as the oldest existing golf course. Also in Scotland, in the mid 1700's, the first institutionalized clubs were born and it was here that the basic rules of the game were established.
Today, golf has over 70 million players and is one of the most popular sports in the world. Today, the United States of America has the largest number of courses as well as the largest number of practitioners. This is where the world's most important racing circuit takes place.
Golf has long been, and still is, considered an activity for gentlemen and ladies. However, can it be defined as a sport?
- physical activity
- Spirit of competition
- rules to be observed
Being a golf player, however, is a state of mind both for the respect of the rules in view of fair play and for the concentration required throughout the course. Often, this concentration also becomes a way of approaching and dealing with one's own life. Thanks to practice, automation is created, routine movements are refined and confidence in one's own capabilities is improved.
Golf is an opportunity to improve yourself infinitely. To become a good golf player it is not enough to know the technique or to have a well-trained body, but it is necessary to practice it with continuity and passion. Golf's magic – Giovanni Valentini
Rules are supervised and updated every 4 years
The comfort and design make the Flexability line a solution suitable for all types of contexts, from domestic to professional.
Rule 1 of the rules states the purpose of the game: the Golf Game consists of playing a ball with a stick from the starting area to the hole with one or more rounds, performed in accordance with these rules.
- Match Play: Two players compete in the pothole game. The point is awarded to the player who puts the ball into the hole with fewer shots.
- Stroke Play: It is a hit based game. The winner is the competitor who runs the entire field in the least number of strokes.
1. Golf rules
- The game (1-3)
- Sticks And Ball (4-5)
- Player Responsibility (6-9)
- Game Order (10)
- Departure area (11)
- Play the Ball (12-15)
- The Green (16-17)
- Moved, deflected or deformed ball (18-19)
- Situations in which to remedy procedures (20-28)
- Other forms of play (29-32)
- Administration (33-34)
At the end of the regulations, there are three appendices, which regulate in detail the places, the equipment and the classification of players and fields.
The book of rules also includes parts dedicated to definitions and glossary of common use in golf and a section dedicated completely to the label to be maintained throughout the race and within the club.
The game of golf does not only require precision, it is precision. As in a complicated mosaic, each rule can imply many others. Golf's rules 2008-2011
In golf, each player is required to have a complete knowledge of the rules; it is in fact one of the few sports where the player is his own referee and thus must control himself. Most of the rules are practical instructions on how to behave in specific cases, while others are good rules to adopt to avoid wasting time.
2. Golf’s etiquette
These rules represent the essence of the sport, perpetuate the original atmosphere, when the nobles went to the club to relax and recreate.
- Safety: always make sure there are no obstacles or players along the trajectory before shooting. Before you perform a shot you should always shout the traditional warning: FORE!
- Consideration for other players: It is forbidden to disturb or distract players during their turn.
- Scores: You should record in motion as you head to the next starting area.
- Readiness: Play quickly and keep up, avoiding delays and overlaps with the front group.
- Lost ball: In this case each player has 5 minutes to search for the ball, to save time it is recommended to play a temporary ball. In the event that the next group is waiting it would be reasonable to give priority to the game.
- Care of the field: each player is called to leave the field as he found it, taking care to reset any clods or damage caused by shoes.
- Avoidance of unnecessary damage: It is strongly recommended not to behave in such a way as to damage the field or the environment. The rules governing the use of golf carts within the club should also be strictly observed.
3. Field and equipment
A golf course consists of 9-hole or 18-hole courses. Each hole is at the end of a path that presents difficulties and obstacles of various kinds. A golf course cannot be standardized. Despite the elements that make it up are common to all, each golf course is unique.
The distance between the starting area and the hole can vary from 100 to 550 meters. For each hole, there is a number of estimated strokes necessary for reaching it, called par. This is exactly what gives the name and value to the path. There are therefore holes with par 3, par 4 or par 5. There are very few cases in which you can find a par 6: in these cases, the length of the course should be no less than 630 meters.
There are three main types of sticks:
- Woods - used to play from the tee or fairway and ensure greater distances:
- Irons - used for precision shots and medium to long distance shots:
- Putters - are sticks with an almost null loft (angle between face and barrel), they serve mainly on the green to keep the ball close to the ground.
Then there are the new hybrid sticks. They combine precision with ease of shot execution. Finally the wedges, which are irons with a particularly wide angle that are used for shorter and more precise shots.
Golf is art in motion, where every shot requires creativity and strategy to get to the hole with the best solution, but in addition to creativity, you need technique and training to succeed. Dario Cusani
Athletic preparation of the golf player
- Genetic potential
- Psychological factors
- Sports technique
- Physical condition
If little can be done to improve your genetics, the technical and physical factor can have enormous room for improvement. The physical condition in particular is what a sportsman should always work on and concern.
- Coordination skills
All these factors are fundamental to achieve good sports performance, whatever the sport.
Coordination and fast force are the key elements to work on.
Oblique abdominals are essential to ensure that controlled and firm twist of the torso every golfer should have. With regard to the muscles of the arms instead, triceps and forearm are decisive for hitting the ball with a solid, controlled and powerful (when necessary) shot.
Trapeze, deltoids and rhomboids regarding the upper back are called into question when you carry the stick to the top at the end of the shot.
The bottom instead is crucial to the execution of the swing, fundamental blow in golf. Quadriceps and the posterior muscles of the thigh must be toned and strengthened.
Higher strength levels mean more power and precision in the shot and less tiredness at the end of the race. In golf in particular, greater power translates into greater shot speed. A good level of muscle training also allows greater prevention of injuries and protection from frequent trauma that may affect the back.