An "ecological" approach to sport to avoid injuries
Gian Marco Currà, an expert physiotherapist at Technogym, answers your questions on these hot topics and provides useful advice to improve the approach to daily training.
A warm-up session is essential to prepare muscles and ligaments for training effort. Dynamic, light and gradual stretching can be part of this preparation phase, especially if the training requires a prolonged and moderate effort.
What are the characteristic symptoms of overtraining?
- accelerated heartbeat at rest
- excessive fatigue during training
- insomnia, irritability and depression
- weight loss
- hormonal imbalances, amenorrhea
- lowering of immune defences
- loss of appetite
- chronic muscle soreness
How to prevent overtraining?
- have adequate rest
- have a positive mental approach
- not to train for an excessive amount of time
- periodically check their blood values
- follow a balanced diet
- adapt your training to your lifestyle
- to allow oneself periodic cycles of regeneration.