It's irrefutable that a 'mobile-first' strategy is emerging, which means that you may need to rethink some aspects of your business model.
The importance of digital service for the fitness centre
Why Clubs Have an Edge on Fitness Apps
Consumers have more than 160,000 fitness apps to choose from, according to estimates. That may seem like insurmountable competition for attention, but club owners have an edge. Clubs can offer automatic check-in, scheduling, and other conveniences for members. But to really keep your members engaged in your app, you need to deliver content beyond basic club services. Clubs would be wise to cover their bases by offering a digital ecosystem that allows for customization and integration of third-party apps.
- On-demand biometric assessments;
- Interactive, individualized training experiences with club staff;
- Group training promotion and sign-up;
- Video instruction for exercise movements;
- Nutrition and lifestyle coaching;
- Abilities to link with “smart” equipment;
- Messaging capabilities for club announcements and promotions;
- Regular programming updates to keep up with mobile tech trends;
- Data protections able to withstand today’s security challenges.
While a great mobile app delivers convenience and added-value for members (enhancing retention and engagement), it can create tremendous revenue opportunities through upselling of personal and group training packages, automated referrals, instant purchases of products, and other services. That’s a lot of features, but if you’re club’s digital app doesn’t provide them, your competition will.
Mywellness, choosing a versatile digital CRM app
Technogym Ecosystem allows to develop new business models by offering personalised and engaging wellness experiences anywhere and anytime their clients choose to train.
The Mywellness cloud system has established a track record of delivering on ROI. One club (Fitness Space) increased potential members by 31% after offering the Mywellness app, while another club (KMPG) saw an increase of 43% in members engaged in challenges.