Weider principles, the father of bodybuilding
He didn't create a real method but thanks to the continuous dissemination made in specialised magazines he has created a guide that allows you to create custom routines based on your training experience, weaknesses and strengths and goals. Anyone who has trained in the weight room has certainly drawn on at least one of these principles, even without being aware of it.
Moving from a sedentary lifestyle to one that includes 2 or 3 workouts per week, it is normal to have initial improvements, both in body composition and in strength.
Pre-fatigue a larger muscle before an exercise in isolation: crosses on a flat bench followed by stretches on a flat bench.
- Super set
Consecutively train muscle groups considered to be antagonistic to each other: chest/back, biceps/triceps, etc.<
- Muscle priority
- Train the weakest muscles first
Planning bodybuilding training
- Cyclical. Organize your training according to cycles of mass, strength, etc.
- Grouping of certain muscle groups: upper part, thrust muscles, etc.
- Progressive overloading: Increase the load in the final series or decrease the recovery time.
Advanced techniques for bodybuilding training
- Cheating. Use the momentum of the body, limbs or bounce the weight
- Forced repetitions. The spotter helps to complete series that would not have been completed by themselves.
- Peak Contraction. If at the end of the concentric phase the weight is not completely discharged on the joints, force the muscle contraction for a few seconds: for example, in the curl biceps or in the pectoral machine.
Since the sessions are very intense, it is advisable to assume the following time sets.
- Newbies: 3 times a week
- Intermediate: 2 times per week
- Advanced: 2-3 times every 15 days
The intention would be to arrive twice a month as well.
The BIIO tables provide for different cycles based on the greater or lesser presence of certain hormones in the body:
- October - November: The tables in bodybuilding will focus on strength due to the increased presence of testosterone.
- December-May: Bodybuilding training should be particularly short and intense due to the peak of cortisol.
- May to the end of summer: better time for mass due to the presence of high levels of both insulin and testosterone (anabolic hormones).
Mono-frequency vs. multifrequency in bodybuilding
In bodybuilding there is no perfect session, there are instead methods to which the body of each responds better.
Steve Reeves, the bodybuilder and cinema star
Steve Reeves' unparalleled physique
Steve Reeves retired in 1968 and as the decades passed he left history to enter the myth: a point of reference for bodybuilding, the fight against doping, a symbol in the flesh, bones and muscles of a golden age of bodybuilding and cinema.
- Sports Med. 2016 Nov;46(11):1689-1697. doi: 10.1007/s40279-016-0543-8. Effects of Resistance Training Frequency on Measures of Muscle Hypertrophy: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
- Body building natural science – BIIO System by Claudio Tozzi
- Joe Weider's ultimate bodybuilding by J. Weider, B Reynolds