What do you talk about when referring to posture? Posture is defined as the position of the human body in space and the relative relationship between its body segments. A correct posture is instead the coherent deformation of gravity. In other words, the most correct position that our body takes to counter gravity with the least expenditure of energy both when walking and when standing still.
10 suggestions to improve posture
1. Sit with your back straight and your shoulders back. Buttocks should touch the back of the chair.
2. Use a small rolled towel to keep the normal curves in your back.
3. Sit at the end of the chair.
4. Distribute the body weight evenly over both sides.
5. Bend your knees at right angles and keep them even higher than your hips. In such cases, a footrest or stool is useful. Your legs should not be crossed.
7. Try to avoid the same position while sitting for more than 30 minutes.
8. Adjust the height of the chair and the workstation so that you can rest your elbows and forearms on the armrests or desk and your shoulders are relaxed.
9. Avoid twisting yourself from a seated position to retrieve distant objects. Trying to turn the whole body instead of the other way around.
10. When you want to stand up from the sitting position, move first to the front of the seat and straighten your legs.
The benefits of a correct posture
Do you want to feel better? Work on your posture and you will notice an improvement in your happiness.