The Hogarth Health Club in Chiswick, West London is one of the UK’s premier fitness clubs. In 2013, the club embarked on a major renovation in partnership with Technogym.
An investment in ARTIS
The Hogarth Club decided to redesign its gym in partnership with Technogym, who shared their vision, values and commitment to high quality service.
The club invested in the ARTIS line of cardio, strength and functional training equipment. It also opted to install Technogym’s mywellness cloud, a digital platform that allows individuals to manage their fitness activities and encourages interaction among gyms, trainers and clients.
Ian Chaffey, Operations Director at the Hogarth Club, said the following: “Technogym was the only supplier that could provide everything we needed. The ARTIS line is strikingly different and biomechanically superb, and is a perfect complement to the look and feel of The Hogarth.”
An improved customer experience
Each of the new investments has brought its own benefits to the Hogarth Health Club and its customers:
· The new ARTIS strength and functional equipment provides a complete range of exercise options for anyone, from beginners to advanced users.
· All of the Hogarth’s ARTIS cardio equipment is equipped with the UNITY™ display. This console features swipe-screen touch technology, virtual training, simple login access to personalized content and entertainment via the Internet, as well as TV, games and more. Hogarth Club members have found it easy to use, and the club's operators have found it easy to enhance with business applications.
· With the mywellness cloud, each member can establish specific fitness goals, record and view their exercise history and communicate with their personal trainers. This has been effective in helping members track their own progress. It has also improved the level of service that the staff are able to offer customers.
Here's what some of the club’s members have had to say:
- “The ARTIS equipment isn’t just good, it's outstanding. I have really been enjoying it immensely; I'm like a little kid in a candy shop.”
- “The whole system is very slick, I love the way everything is incorporated – it's all right there in front of you as you do your workout: access to e-mails, television, Facebook – it's complete entertainment while you work out!”
A growing business
Over the eight month period following the launch of the new gym, the Technogym remodel has had the following positive effects on the business:
- 7% increase in membership revenue
- 144 new members
- 58 more members retained
- 1,932 mywellness cloud accounts
The decision to invest in Technogym and ARTIS has laid a strong foundation for future growth.