About the controllers of your personal data
Your personal data provided under the Checkout Section will be processed by:
- Technogym S.p.A., headquartered at Via Calcinaro 2861, 47521 Cesena (FC), Italy (“Technogym”) and
- Technogym UK Ltd, the Technogym official distributor headquartered in Two The Boulevard, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1WP, UK (“Technogym Distributor”),
both acting as joint data controllers (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “controllers”, “we” or “us”) who determine the purposes and means of processing pursuant to a written arrangement.
For any queries or exercise of your rights regarding the processing of your data through the Site, your primary point of contact will be Technogym UK Ltd. at UK_HR@technogym.com. However, please note that you may exercise your rights under GDPR in respect of and against each of the controllers.
Why do we need to process your data?
Mainly, we need your personal data collected through the Site in order to perform the sale contract for Technogym products and to deliver them to you. Your data will be used for servicing and properly maintaining your Technogym products. Pursuant to such sale contract, we may need your data in order to address any enquiries, correspondence, concerns or complaints you have raised.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: when making an electronic payment (using your credit / debit card or similar tool) you will be redirected to the authorized payment processor’ / payment institution’s secure website for providing such entity with your payment details. While we cooperate only with trustworthy licensed payment processors and payment institutions, we make no representation and we provide no guarantee for their processing of your data in the context of payment. Please make sure your read and agree with their terms of service, including with their privacy policies, before providing them with your data. At all times, we may not be held liable or accountable for any breach, loss, destruction, unauthorized disclosure or any similar incident involving your data, when processed by any payment processor or payment institution.
We also need your personal data in order to comply with the applicable laws and regulations (e.g. the Romanian fiscal code, the customers’ protection regulatory frame), considering we shall perform a sale, issue a fiscal invoice for your purchase, we shall issue a warranty certificate and bring the products to conformity, subject to the applicable legal requirements and according to the Sales Conditions.
Subject to your consent, we may further use your data to send you news about our products and services using different communication media, including emails, sms, phone and regular mail.
In addition, we shall process your data if we have a legitimate interests pursued by us, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights. For such purpose, we may use your data for our internal operations, including data analysis, testing, research, statistical purposes and troubleshooting.
What is the legal basis for processing your data?
For some of the uses of your personal data (as described above) there is a legal basis under applicable data protection laws for us to use such personal data without your consent.
This includes, for example, where it is necessary for us to use the information in order to perform a contract with you or take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you, such as to process your order, provide aftercare and support services to you or manage the user account that we provide to you. It also includes circumstances (such as we have described below) where we have a legitimate interest to use your data, provided that proper care is taken in relation to your rights and interests:
- to ensure that we organise our database efficiently and understand how our clients may make purchases in different parts of the world;
- to send you marketing communications, as customer of Technogym products. You can opt out of our marketing communications at any time through the unsubscribe button at the bottom of every email or by contacting us at UK_Marketing@technogym.com;
- to carry out research and analysis of your data (including purchase information) as this helps us understand our clients better, who they are and how they interact with us;
- to improve and ensure the security of the Website (for example, for statistical, testing and analytical purposes, troubleshooting); and
Where consent is required for our use of your personal information, by ticking the appropriate consent box or otherwise communicating your consent (for example, by email, providing non mandatory information, verbally in-store or on a store card), you consent to our use of that personal information for the purposes covered by the specific consent that you have given.
How do we protect the information we hold about you on your internal systems?
We protect your privacy in several ways: The personal data is entered into our computer system in full compliance with data protection law, including security and confidentiality profiles and based on principles of correct practice, lawfulness and transparency in processing. Access to customer account information is limited to those who need access for the performance of their job. We use full login and password controls on our system. Confidentiality and database access controls are reviewed periodically and updated as required to further protect our personal data.
Your data is accessible by our staff authorised to process personal data. In particular, staff belonging to the following categories: IT and administrative staff, customer services including after sales team, marketing as well as other individuals who need to process the data under a need-to-know basis.
Who will we share your personal data with?
Your data may be stored in a database that we, as well as other members of our companies, can access. We do this to help us organise our databases efficiently and understand how our clients may make purchases in different parts of the world.
- transporters, couriers and shipping companies involved in the delivery of your order for Technogym products. IMPORTANT NOTICE: when processing your data to deliver the products to you, the transporter / courier / shipping company will process your data in their own right, as data controllers; at all times, we ensure a safe transfer of your data to such third parties; we make our best efforts to select trustworthy partners, however they will be in charge of your data once our transfer will be properly received;
- other service providers (for example, IT services), business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you (such as, but not limited to, Website operations, fraud investigations, bill collection, and affiliate and rewards programs);
- law enforcement or regulatory agencies, or authorised third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity through the Website that may expose us and/or the user or any third party to legal risks or liability; and
These third parties who may receive your data will process that data for the purposes specified above and in accordance with applicable law. We will retain a list of the third parties with whom data is shared, which will be available upon request.
Why do we retain your data and how can you access it?
We will store your data for as long as strictly necessary for us to provide the relevant services to you, for as long as you wish to keep in touch with us or as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting & analysis. Even if you request to erase your data, we may keep it in a form that doesn’t identify you. If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
What are your rights?
You have the following rights with regard to your personal information:
- You have the right to access data we hold about you as well as an updated list of the individuals who can access your data. You will need you to prove your identity before we release any personal data to you;
- Rectification or erasure. You have the right to request that we rectify or delete any personal data that we hold about you (unless we have the legal right or obligation to retain it);
- You have the right to restrict your use of personal information if you contest the accuracy of your data, or if our use of the information is unlawful or if we no longer need to use the data for the purposes for which we hold it;
- Change of preferences. You can change your data processing preferences at any time. For example, if you have given your consent to direct marketing, but have changed your mind, you can opt out of receiving marketing communications by contacting us using the details provided below or clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any communication you receive.
- Automated decision making. You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing carried out for the performance of a public interest task to processing carried out in our legitimate interest; in the latter case, we may continue such processing if we are able to demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. You may object at all times to processing of your data for marketing purposes.
- Data portability. You have the right to obtain personal data we hold about you, in a structured, electronic format, and to transmit such data to another data controller, where this is (a) personal data which you have provided to us and (b) if we are processing that data on the basis of your consent (such as your marketing preference information) or to perform a contract with you (such as to manage your online account).
- If for any reason you are not happy with the way that we have handled your personal data, please contact us. If you are still not happy, you have the right to make a complaint to the UK Data Protection Authority at www.ico.org.uk.
To exercise any of the rights mentioned above, please write to us at
If you ask us to stop processing your personal information in a certain way or erase your personal information, and this type of processing or information is needed to facilitate your use of the Website or is required to enable us to provide you with a service (such as to manage your online account), you may not be able to use the Website or the service as you did before.
The rights mentioned above do not extend to non-personal data
How can we make changes to this policy?