The free-body workout is ideal for functional training because it best replicates the conditions of muscle synergy and natural movements. Of course, you can use equipment such as kettlebells, bands or specific accessories to increase the difficulty of the exercise. What if there was only one solution that would allow you to perform numerous exercises with all the accessories you need?
Arm curl with bands
Starting position: Standing up, stand in front of the bench holding the handles of the elastic bands previously attached to the supports with your palms facing each other.
- From this starting position, bend your elbows, which should remain stationary, bend and rotate your arms, bringing the elastic bands towards your shoulders.
- When the movement is complete, remain in contraction for one second. Exhale during the movement and inhale during the descent.
Supine Chest Press
Starting position: Supine position with knees bent at 90 degrees and feet flat on the floor. Hold the dumbbells in front of your shoulders with your palms facing upwards). The back of your arms should rest on the bench and your forearms should be perpendicular to the ground. The head is supported.
- Extend your elbows, lifting the dumbbells until your arms are straight (not locked) and perpendicular to the ground.
- Return to the starting position and repeat.
Russian twist in boatpose
Starting position: You can sit directly on the Technogym Bench, keeping your feet together.
- Lean back and lift your feet off the floor, bringing your knees towards your chest with your legs bent. The incline should be slow backwards until you feel the core is tense. A general guideline would be to lean back at a 45-degree angle.
If you feel up to it, you can use the weighted knuckles contained in the Bench to add difficulty to the exercise by rotating your torso to one side and then returning to the centre and repeating the movement.