Modern Slavery Statement
Technogym does not tolerate modern slavery or human trafficking in our organisation or in our supply chain. This statement, which underpins Technogym’s Modern Slavery Policy and our approach to corporate social responsibility, sets out the steps that we have taken to eliminate, as far as reasonably possible, the risk of modern slavery and human trafficking taking place within the business or in any part of its supply chain. Technogym is a socially responsible company, committed to promoting wellness and environmental sustainability in everything it does.
This statement will be reviewed annually so that Technogym will always publish up to date information on modern slavery and human trafficking. A link to this statement will be publicly available on the company website and will be signed and approved by both the Anti-Slavery Officer and Managing Director.
OUR GROUP STRUCTURE
Technogym UK Limited is the UK subsidiary of Technogym S.p.A, based and registered in Italy (see section 7, below).
Technogym has employees worldwide and operates in countries around the world including:
- North and South America
- Middle East
For the purposes of the Act, only Technogym UK Ltd meets the requirements for an annual statement to be produced.
Technogym, The Wellness Company, was founded in 1983 by Chairman Nerio Alessandri.
Technogym’s core business is the supply, delivery and installation of gym equipment, manufactured by our parent company, Technogym Spa, and related services including designs, aftersales, customer portals and equipment maintenance, and a cloud-based customer wellness system – MyWellness Cloud.
We have equipped over 65,000 Wellness Centres and over 100,000 homes around the world. It is estimated that 35 million people use Technogym products every day in over 100 countriesWe promote Wellness in everything we do, from product design and medical specific innovation to social projects and helping the environment. Our mission is to help people live a better life through Wellness and for more than 30 years, we’ve been working to make people across the world healthier and happier. The elimination of modern slavery and human trafficking is a basic and fundamental aspect of this being achieved.
OUR SUPPLY CHAINS
Our supply chains include suppliers of:
- Raw materials and parts used in the manufacture of Technogym’s products;
- Office equipment;
- Professional services from our lawyers, accountants and other consultants and advisers;
- Office cleaning and other office facilities services;
- Hotels and conference facilities; and
- Print production and magazine distribution services.
Technogym utilises specialist supply partners to carry out the delivery and installation and service and repair elements of our provision. These suppliers, with whom we have long-standing relationships, work closely in partnership with Technogym to ensure the seamless and provision of our products and services. All supply partners have undergone a rigorous supplier approval process and must abide by our policies and procedures. Respecting human rights and environmental issues in the supply chain is ultimately our suppliers’ responsibility. As customers, however, we play an active role in supplier development and have adopted various means to clearly communicate our expectations.
OUR POLICIES ON MODERN SLAVERY AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING
Our opposition to modern slavery and human trafficking is confirmed in our Modern Slavery Policy and reflects our commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships. We aim to implement and enforce effective systems and controls to eliminate, as far as possible, the risk of modern slavery and human trafficking taking place anywhere in our business or supply chains.
To further support our values, the Company has also decided to issue a Code of Ethics that is publicly available via the company website.
DUE DILIGENCE PROCESSES FOR MODERN SLAVERY AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING
As part of the initiative to identify and mitigate the risk of modern slavery and human trafficking in our supply chains, Technogym has conducted a review of its suppliers. This review has included:
- Identifying any parts of our business and supply chains where there is a risk of slavery or human trafficking take place, and the steps that we have taken to assess and manage the risk;
- Identifying and addressing any areas of high risk in our supply chain;
- Assessing the effectiveness of the measures that we have taken to ensure that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place, and the way that we assess and manage the risks that are identified.
- Ensuring that all employees and suppliers are aware of Technogym’s Modern Slavery Policy, including ensuring that within reason all commercial agreements include an obligation on our suppliers to operate in accordance with our ethical requirements, and taking steps to ensure that they and any of their suppliers and sub-contractors also operate in accordance with the Act.
- Assessing all suppliers in the UK supply chain to identify those who we believe present a higher risk, and have written to each such supplier to note our commitment to transparency and combatting modern slavery within our own organisation and our similar expectation from suppliers of goods and services to us. We have sent to these suppliers Technogym’s Modern Slavery Statement and requested a signed confirmation from those suppliers that they adhere to our required standards as well as requesting copies of their own Modern Slavery Statement where appropriate.
The results were then reviewed and we have concluded that we are confident that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking taking place within our direct organisation. We recognise that parts of our supply chain in certain areas may pose a medium risk, specifically in relation to suppliers of raw materials and parts from countries within Eastern Europe and the Far East. These risks are however managed by the measures we have in place to communicate our expectations and manage their ongoing adherence to our policies and practices.
|Technogym UK LimitedRegistered Office:||Two The BoulevardCain RoadBracknell
|Company Registration Number||2782468|
|Anti-Slavery Officer||Adrian Drew, Finance Director|
|Parent Company||Technogym S.p.AVia Calcinaro 286127351 Cesena (FC)Italy|
- STATEMENT OF THE BOARD
This statement is made pursuant to section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes our annual statement for the period of April 2018 to March 2019, as approved in March 2018.
Signed on behalf of Technogym UK Limited
Finance Director and Anti-Slavery Officer