When it comes to Italy, the research shows that spa industry revenues jumped nearly one-third from 2015-2017 to the fact that Italy ranks 7th worldwide for workplace wellness expenditures and 5th for thermal/mineral springs market in the world.
- The global wellness tourism market is also fast growing and now worth over $639/€552 billion worldwide - $211 billion/€182 billion in Europe, and almost $13.4/€12 billion in Italy that ranks as the 10th largest national wellness tourism market in the world.
- Real estate market that incorporates intentional wellness elements into its design, materials and building (and amenities and programming) is growing fast, over $134 billion/€116 billion worldwide.
- Growing, but with great potential for further development, the workplace wellness market –workplace wellness programs - valued at $47.5/€41 billion.
Speakers of Global Wellness Summit
- Nerio Alessandri, Technogym’s Founder and CEO
- Antonio Citterio, award-winning Italian architect/designer and the visionary behind Technogym Village
- Andrea Illy, Chairman of Illycaffè, whose Fondazione Ernesto Illy is sponsor of the World Happiness Report 2018-2020
- Ranieri Guerra, World Health Organization who works closely with the director general of OMS planning and implementing Prevention strategies and initiatives.
- Alberta Ferretti, world renowned fashion designer who will talk about the growing impact of wellness lifestyle in the fashion industry
- Dan Buettner, American bestselling author of The Blue Zones, focused on the five places in the world where people live the longest, healthiest lives.
- Rocco Forte, reference point for the hotel industry globally.
- Richard Carmona, ex “Surgeon General” of the United States. The Surgeon General of the United States is the operational head of the U.S. Public Health Service and the leading spokesperson on matters of public health in the federal government.
We are very excited to welcome at the Technogym Village the international opinion-leaders who will attend the Summit and who share our commitment to helping people around the world become happier and healthier.