The training of champions, with Kinesis® One
Designed by Technoygm, the supplier of equipment to the last four Olympics and the upcoming London 2010 games, Kinesis® offers a diverse training opportunity to user’s with any goal, from rehabilitation to strength development to athletic preparation.Here's an example of how you can integrate Kinesis® One training in your own facility. The sequences below include a traditional strength exercise your members will recognize, a complimentary Kinesis® movement and an active rest exercise. Do these movements in a 3 minute sequence – 1 minute per movement – to feel how you can help your clients bring movement to their exercise:
1. Traditional Exercise with Dumbbells (1 minute):With your back on a bench, arms perpendicular to the body and hands gripping dumbbells: simultaneously lift weights with both arms and return to the start position.
2. Movement with Kinesis® One (1 minute): Grasping the vertical handles at chest height: extend both arms forward and simultaneously lunge forward on one leg, holding the chest still. Return to the start position and repeat the movement with the other leg.
3. Active Rest: Standing free with your legs slightly bent and arms at rest: lift and rotate both arms, perpendicular to the body, and simultaneously extend both legs. Return to the start position.
1. Traditional Exercise with dumbbells: Hold dumbbells at shoulder height, legs bent: extend the legs keeping the position of the torso and arms still. Return to the start position.
2. Movement with Kinesis® One: with the cable exit at the bottom, handles held with arms extended and legs slightly apart; bend the legs without curving the spine; extend the legs and lift a knee. Return to the start position and repeat by lifting the other knee.
3. Active Rest: Standing free, bent forward, extend one leg backward. Return to the start position; repeat with the other leg.
1. Traditional Exercise with dumbbells: With your right knee and arm on a bench and a weight gripped with the free hand: raise the weight in a rowing motion; return to the start position; repeat with the other arm in the opposite position.
2. Movement with Kinesis® One: one leg in front of the other, slightly bent, handles held with arms extended; bend one arm with partial rotation of the body. Return to the start position; repeat the movement in the opposite position.
3. Active Rest: free standing, with legs (apart) and arms slightly bent, rotate the torso elongating the right arm horizontally; return to the start position; repeat the movement with the other arm.
Would you like other ideas?
SDownload the complete PDF of the Kinesis® Trilogy training program and discover the possibilities of a total body workout that effectively integrates the functions of Kinesis® One with the use of other free weight and body weight exercises.