The thrill of the Olympics in the gym
While you may think of the Olympics as a thrilling stage for super-natural human feats, if fitness and physical preparation are part of your business, you can't help but also think of the Olympics as the toughest testing ground for training equipment.
An Olympic medal is the dream of every champion, but to win you must compete at the peak of your abilities. Maintaining your physical condition during the days of competition is crucial, and that's why for 10 years Technogym has aspired to offer Olympic champions the best equipment for their training.
From track and field to tennis, from golf to the rings, since the Sydney 2000 Olympics, Technogym has provided specialized equipment and consulting to champions in every discipline, and from one edition to the next it has earned their trust and larger spaces in the Olympic training area each year, both on and off the field of competition:
- Sydney 2000: all of the athletes in over 28 sporting disciplines trained on a wide range of strength and cardiovascular machines.
- Athens 2004: the 10,000 participating athletes trained on over 500 strength and cardio machines distributed in 11 sports centers.
- Turin 2006: 6,000 machines of every kind trained 4,500 athletes in the winter disciplines, and also helped to keep the Olympic Family and journalists in attendance in shape.
- Beijing 2008: the 12,000 athletes and all the journalists at the event trained on Technogym equipment, including Flexability and Kinesis in the aerobic area and Selection in the strength area.
Many famous guests also made clear their approval of the machines provided.
Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair warmed up the Olympic Village and visited our gym along his tour of the Olympic Village. Mr and Ms Blair were very impressed by the size of the gym and the innovative equipment available. In particular, Flexability and Kinesis caught their attention: “Flexability is very smart and useful for everybody, and Kinesis is really cool”.
And then Bernard Charles Ecclestone, the president and CEO of Formula One Management and Formula One Administration: “It is outstanding as it was in Athens, but this time I found so many innovations, like FLEXability, Kinesis and Pure Strength”.
- Singapore 2010: in the first edition of the Youth Olympic Games, the 3,600 young athletes prepared for competition in a gym completely equipped by Technogym.
Interested in learning more? Look through the dedicated pages to see how Olympic champions trained in recent editions of the Games.
Today Technogym is proud to share with its clients the joy and pride of having been chosen, for the fifth consecutive time, as the exclusive supplier of exercise equipment for the athletes who will participate in London 2012.
The Olympics are returning to Europe, preparations are blazing ahead, and the organizational machinery has been set in motion. And you, what are you waiting for?
Offer your members the tools to train like champions
Offer your clients Olympic emotions by providing them the same flexible, multipurpose, cutting-edge equipment used by their sporting idols.