SBID 2012 International Design Awards
Following the success of SBID’s inaugural design awards at Maison & Objet, in September 2011, SBID is proud to accept submissions for the 2012 International Design Awards.
This year the prestigious Awards are divided into Residential and Contract, and can be entered via International Design Excellence Awards.com.
SBID invites interior designers, architects and manufacturers from around the world to submit their best Commercial and Residential projects and products.
The first part of the Awards is aimed at Contract Interior Design. This sector measures six key categories of design excellence and will be judged by international industry leaders.
Among them is Professor Jimmy Choo OBE, world-renowned designer, and Peter Bierwirth, President of the European Hotel Management Association (EHMA).
Will also be judging this sector:
- Inge Moore, Principal of HBA London and Overall Winner of the SBID 2011 Awards;
- Theresa Dowling, Editorial Director for World Market Intelligence (WMI) design titles (FX, Blueprint, idFX, FMX, X2);
- David Lewis, Managing Director of Sunseeker London;
- Veronika Miller, CEO and founder of Modenus.com.
The second part of the Awards focuses on Residential Interior Design.
Six categories will also be judged by internationally acclaimed design leaders including:
- Professor Jimmy Choo OBE;
- Pasquale Natuzzi, founder of the luxurious Natuzzi furniture brand;
- Nerio Alessandri, founder of exclusive Olympic Games supplier Technogym;
- Simon Joy, UK Managing Director of Poltrona Frau Group.
Winners will be announced at a ceremony in Macef Milan in September 2012.
Other judges include representatives of HBA London design practice, World Interior Design Network, Sunseeker London, Global Color Research, Modenus and Taylist Media (publishers of KBBreview magazine).
Entry is free of charge for SBID members. A fee applies for non-members.
Last year’s entries are also available to view on the awards website.