Technogym® policy regarding personal data processing
This privacy statement specifies the norms and directives to which Technogym S.p.A. – a company construed and existing under Italian law headquartered in Italy, Via Calcinaro 2861, 47521 Cesena (FC), with operating premises at via Calcinaro, 2861 – 47521 Cesena (FC), Italy (hereinafter "Technogym") – conforms, with regard to processing of personal data of users of the website www.technogym.com/gb (the “Website”).
Given that the above-mentioned website operates and is hosted in the Italian territory, the information and data regarding Website users shall be processed by Technogym in conformity to Italian legislation that transposes Directives 95/46/EC and 2002/58/EC of the European Parliament and Council, in addition to Italian Legislative Decree no. 196 of 30th June 2003 and subsequent amendments and additions.
- Purposes and methods of the data processing.
Technogym hereby informs users of the Website that any personal data collected shall be used exclusively for the aims specified below, and for updating users on new products, promotions, competitions and Technogym activities in general.
Technogym shall use personal data for the following purposes:
- a) Executing sale and purchase contracts or contracts for the provision of services (supply of goods or services).
b) Direct marketing activities, also through sending of newsletters, MMS or SMS text messages or other type of messages.
c) Market surveys or other surveys deemed useful for improving its products or services.
If the user assigns Technogym the task of providing personal training services or other services related to physical exercise, any collected data may be used for acquiring information on the data subject's state of health or any disabilities he/she may have (for example, the data subject may be asked to indicate whether he/she suffers from any particular disease). Regarding processing of said data, Technogym shall comply with the provisions of the Italian Privacy Authority with reference to general authorization regulation no. 2/2009 and subsequent amendments and additions. In this case, the data subject's consent must be provided in writing, using the appropriate form that will be sent upon activation of the service.
If you are a user registering to the , Technogym will also process your data for the following additional purposes:
- d) Enabling users to share content, become inspired by others and interact with individuals around the world who share a similar passion for personal training
e) Administer your account and customize the options we provide to you and other users.
- f) Manage and improve our relationship with you. We may additionally use the information we collect to provide our services and features to you, to measure and improve those services and features, and to provide you with customer support. We use the information to prevent potentially illegal activities and to enforce our [Terms and Conditions of Use - TOS].
g) To contact you. We may contact you with service-related announcements from time to time;
The collected data may be processed in electronic or hard-copy form and, at all events, will be protected by adequate security systems, and constantly updated and stored in a safe and supervised environment.
Moreover, in the event of access to the e-learning platform, the last access to the platform shall be recorded while any courses attended shall be recorded in the user master record.
- Mandatory and optional nature of the data conferral and consequences of refusal to confer data.
Data conferral is optional, except in those cases in which the collected data is necessary for executing a contract or service requested by you. In this case, any refusal to confer personal data by the data subject shall imply the impossibility for Technogym of executing the assignment received.
Moreover, Technogym may require mandatory processing of the subject's personal data for sending newsletters so as to enable the data subject to participate in specific commercial initiatives.
- Entities or categories of entity to whom/which personal data may be transmitted or who/which may get to know said data in their capacity of data processors or data controllers, and scope of disclosure.
The personal data provided by the user shall be acquired and processed by employees of Technogym S.p.A. and/or by the latter's foreign subsidiaries, with the sole aim of performing the activities that constitute the reason for their collection (for example, for executing sales contracts or contracts for the provision of services, or for sending newsletters). The personal data may be transmitted to parent, subsidiary and/or affiliated companies of Technogym in the Technogym Group within the European Union or to countries not belonging to the European Union. In the event the personal data are transferred outside the European Union borders, an appropriate and dedicated consent will be required by you and Technogym will ensure that the legal system in the country of destination or transit of the personal data guarantees adequate protection of the data subject. Said adequacy shall be assessed by comparing the legal system of the foreign country with that in force in Italy.
Furthermore, the personal data may be transmitted to providers of electronic communication services, banks, financial intermediaries, lending institutions, other funding bodies, administrators of centralized IT systems (web platform administrators, administrators of hosting services, central credit registers, anti-fraud bodies, etc.), insurance companies, consultants and freelance professionals who assist Technogym in recovering credits and managing disputes, companies that perform purchased goods packaging, shipment and delivery services or that organize mailing and commercial notice mailing services, research bodies or companies, and non-profit associations or foundations.
- Identification details of the data controller and, if designated, the data processor. Indication of the means whereby the updated list of data processors can be easily known. Rights of the data subject.
The data controller and processor is Technogym S.p.A., headquartered in Italy, Via Calcinaro 2861, 47521 Cesena (FC), which data subjects may address in writing for exercising the rights specified in Article 7 of Italian Legislative Decree no. 196/2003, in other words for:
1) obtaining indication of the source, purposes and methods of data processing, of the logic applied to processing in the event that the data is processed with the aid of electronic means, of the identification data of the data controller, entities or categories of entity to whom/which the personal data may be transmitted or who may get to know said data;
2) obtaining the updating, rectification or integration of said data, the erasure, anonymization or blocking of data that has been unlawfully processed, including data whose retention is unnecessary for the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently processed, the certification that the requested operations have been notified, also with regard to their content, to all entities to whom/which they have been communicated or disseminated, unless this requirement proves impossible or involves a manifestly disproportionate effort with respect to the right to be protected;
3) objecting, on legitimate grounds, to the processing of their personal data, even if relevant to the purposes of its collection, or objecting to the processing of their personal data for the purpose of sending advertising or direct sales material or for performing market surveys or commercial communication activities.
Any request may also be sent to the following email address: UK_info@technogym.com.